Cooks in the Kitchen Preschool Music Lesson Plan 2
Preschool children love learning about food. Cooks in the Kitchen preschool music lesson plan is chock full of appetizing songs and activities about growing, cooking and eating food.
What you’ll gain by using this teaching resource
- Happy and responsive preschoolers aged 3-5 who develop their cognitive skills by by thinking about the stimulating new content you introduce and by playfully solving musical problems like – making sound from instruments; keeping up with the beat; responding to cues to start and stop moving, singing and playing
- Wonderful music sessions specifically designed to stimulate language development in preschoolers aged 3-5 – you’ll find it’s full of intriguing ideas that spark creative thinking and music-making
- A delightful way to monitor and assess children’s physical development as they handle the instruments, move their small muscles in the games and move their whole body through space in time in the drama and dance activities
- Friendly preschoolers who learn how to self-regulate their social and emotional expressions – so important for self-understanding and getting along with others during this crucial stage of development
- Enormous benefits in language development from the songs because the children learn new vocabulary, become better listeners and tune in to the rhythm of the words in more and more complex sentences (the parents will wonder how you taught their child to sing so many songs to the point where they burst into song and make up their own!)
- You feel confident teaching your group because the lesson is prepared in advance so that you are able to successfully lead the children and if something does go wrong, you have another activity ready so you can engage the preschoolers in a completely new fun thing to do. (Instead of cringing over disastrous moments you can tell your colleagues how you saved the situation in a flash!)
- You save hours of weekend and evening lesson planning time – no more hours spent writing down the learning opportunities, finding the music, thinking up activities appropriate for the age, working out a topic that brings everything together – it’s all done for you in one neat package.
What you receive in your purchase
Instantly downloadable zip file containing a pdf and multiple mp3s:
- 24 page educator’s booklet pdf that includes 9 lyric charts ready to read on screen or to print (Title: Biddiss, Carol 2013 Cooks in the Kitchen Lesson Plan: Sing and Play Part 2 Singing All Day Long Musical Child: Adelaide.)
- A digital music double-album with all the mp3s you need to learn the songs quickly. Includes all the musical recordings for 8 different song titles. You receive 18 mp3s including 10 karaoke tracks to back you up singing “live” and 8 matching vocal tracks. You also get all the lyrics on charts that you can display in your room so that other adults can sing along with you – or if parents visit your room, they can see what the preschoolers have been learning.
- In the printable written booklet there are 10 different activities detailing exactly what to do to keep the children actively engaged for the whole time – you also get background notes on why these are the right songs and activities for this age. In the learning outcomes, there’s a specific section detailing how the children might develop in their language and speech. As an added plus you can see the main musical concepts featured. There’s also a simple score with chords and you get suggestions for Classical music to play for cultural enrichment.
- This flexible lesson plan lasts you for at least 2 weeks – you can split it up into segments over several days or run it for up to 45 minutes once a week for 2 or 3 weeks – there’s so much variety and change of pace that it can work in many ways. And when you know the songs, you can sing them whenever you like!
- This product does not include Hello Song; Pack Away Song; I Have a Little Pony; and Goodbye Song. These tracks repeat throughout the program Sing and Play 1:Singing All Day Long and are included in the first Lesson Plan – Beautiful Farm.
Hear the music from Cooks in the Kitchen Preschool Music Lesson Plan
Download and start using this lesson plan today. Click “Add to Cart” Add to cart