Preschool Music Lesson Plans
Stop getting bogged down in writing music programs and lesson plans and get your evenings back. Browse here in our Preschool Shop to find resources that support your early learning music program.
All the hard work has been done for you, whether you are
- a music teacher
- an educator working in an Early Childhood Centre
- a home-based carer of babies, toddlers and preschoolers
- a director of a community program, arts academy, church outreach group . . .
We’re not a franchise so you get the flexibility you need to change the curriculum according to the interests of the children and your own preferences. You are free to change activities and swap in new song content.
In this activity-based curriculum, the children play, improvise, learn songs and dances, and discover music through their voices, bodies and simple percussion instruments. You get to experience the joy!
Watch the Video to See Sing and Play in Action
How Does It Work?
Do you feel like nobody ever taught you how to program music for preschool? Fortunately, here’s a way to get started with these four Preschool Music Programs — Sing and Play 1, 2, 3, & 4
- Each program runs for 10 or 13 weeks, your choice. You can match one program to a 10 week school term; two programs to a 20 week semester; or with all four programs, extend each one to 13 weeks so you have enough resources to run for the whole calendar year
- When you buy all four programs, you have more than enough content to run a year. The content is made up of 20 lesson plans, five in each program. A lesson plan has enough material for a 45 minute session and lasts 2 or 3 weeks, your choice.
- Because children develop so much within one year, you can repeat the four programs the following year. The children will gain great benefit and pleasure from revisiting the songs and activities by activating their musical memory and gaining greater skill.
- Or, if you prefer to offer completely new content each year a child is in your sessions, split the material from each lesson plan into two sets, add in your own additional content and run different sessions for the 3 and 4-year-olds
- Use the programs as they are until you gain the confidence to change them or write your own.
- The curriculum for 3-5-years-old is called Sing and Play — a comprehensive, research-based, music and movement curriculum for preschoolers and school beginners.
- All the musical recordings are included with a license covering use with up to 200 children per enrolment period
- You can display lyric charts for every song so you never get lost for words.
Educators love how they can just pick up any Sing and Play Educator’s Book and start using it even with no formal music training.
Following national curriculum framework guidelines, Sing and Play develops —
- Personal and Cultural Identity
- Social Interactions and Connections
- Wellbeing — Physical, Emotional and Social
- Confidence, Creativity and Memory
- Communication Through Music, Movement and Lyrics
Sing and Play is full of lesson plans, equipment lists and teacher tips. These music, language, drama and movement programs for preschoolers are highly interactive, engaging, enjoyable, and challenging.
Suitable for 3-Year-Olds, 4-Year-Olds and 5-Year-Olds
Choose how you buy it. Sing and Play is available as individual Programs, e.g. Sing and Play 1 or single Lesson Plans, e.g. Beautiful Farm. For best value, it’s also available as a convenient product bundle: Preschool Music Curriculum—Sing and Play
Would you like to test a sample before you purchase? Use the Contact Form and request the Download Sample Pack of Sing and Play (Click/Tap).
Shop for Written Resources
Showing all 19 results
Sing and Play 1 Preschool Music Program
Sing and Play 2 Preschool Music Program
Sing and Play 3 Preschool Music Program
Sing and Play 4 Preschool Music Program
Beautiful Farm Preschool Music Lesson Plan 1
Cooks in the Kitchen Preschool Music Lesson Plan 2
Surprise! Surprise! Preschool Music Lesson Plan 3
Over the Sea Preschool Music Lesson Plan 4
Holiday Fun Preschool Music Lesson Plan 5
My Body Preschool Music Lesson Plan 6
Shoo Fly Shoo! Preschool Music Lesson Plan 7
In My Heart Preschool Music Lesson Plan 8
Be Kind to Animals Preschool Music Lesson Plan 9
Candle Burning Bright Preschool Music Lesson Plan 10
Let’s Count in Song: Preschool songs for addition and subtraction
Candle Burning Bright Preschool Music Lesson Plan 10 (Copy)
Preschool Music Curriculum – Sing And Play$117.00
Sing and Play 1: Educator’s Book$47.00
唱与玩1 -中文 Sing and Play 1 – Chinese$47.00
Shop for Recorded Music
Shop for Multimedia Resources
FREE SAMPLE VIDEO
In this multimedia package, you receive
- comprehensive Educator’s Notes
- 9 audio files
- 5 videos
Play the videos to the children to show them when to play their instruments. Watch this one featuring the egg maracas. You can download the sample video.
Shop for Musical Instruments
Showing all 18 results
Junior Percussion Instrument Set 8 Piece$139.00
Junior Chime Bars$36.99
Lollipop Drum® 8″$34.99
Junior Sleigh Bells$15.99
Junior Egg Shakers – Dozen$23.99
Xylophone – 12 Note$34.99
Gathering Drum 18″$209.00
Junior Egg Shakers – Pair$3.99
Junior Claves – Pair$11.99
Junior Castanets – Pair$10.49
Music Session Instrument Set 1 — Shakers & Claves$299.00
Music Session Instrument Set 2 — Sleigh Bells & Guiros$499.00
Music Session Instrument Set 3 – Castanets & Finger Cymbals$424.00
Music Session Instrument Set 4 — Lollipop Drums$629.00
Music Session Instrument Set 5 — Chime Bars$664.00
Remo Floor Tom 10″$109.00