What will you get out of completing this Course on Music for Babies ?
You will gain a deep understanding of the many benefits of music for babies including:
- the importance of music in their lives for their emotional regulation, social interactions and general wellbeing
- evidence of how different kinds of music and musical experiences contribute very particular learnings for babies with their sophisticated brains
- the central role of music in personal and cultural identity, whether music for babies, elders or anyone in between
- musical development, learning and self-expression in the first 13 months of life after birth
- learning through play with music, movement and drama
- music as communication and the intimate relationship between music and language, song and speech
The course will provide you with an introduction to influential and pioneering voices in the research field that you can follow as you develop your career.
You’ll receive many ways to frame and talk about the different benefits of music for babies and link them to the Australian early years learning framework, similar to many other national curriculum frameworks.
Ultimately, it will give you ‘ways in’ to designing your own music program so that you can run baby music classes or sessions in your centre or home. The knowledge you gain will increase your confidence and scaffold your creative thinking.