How to engage children through musical instruments
Is this for me?
Could musical instruments be an untapped resource? Are you an early childhood educator who wants to learn more about how to engage children in your class or group?
Join Carol Biddiss, M.Ed, former teacher and lecturer and founder of Musical Child for this engaging and inspiring hands-on musical instruments workshop. It’s for teachers, educators and managers of early learning centres, kindergartens and preschools seeking a fresh direction to support language acquisition, warm community-building, respect for equipment and creative development in their children.
It doesn’t matter if you know a little or a lot about music, we don’t assume you have any prior knowledge. Even if you think music is “not my passion” or “I’m no good at music” you will learn something new about using simple musical instruments and put it into action the very next day in your room.
What will I gain?
Attend this workshop to find out
- what songs work and why they work
- what to buy and what not to buy
- where to buy and information on reasonable prices
- how to play musical instruments effectively
- how to store your musical instruments for long life
- how to display musical instruments and equipment for creative play
- how to report on the child’s learning
- how to find music in the EYLF
What will we do?
We will spend most of the time mastering the skills you need for running engaging activities. The main focus for this workshop is playing simple percussion musical instruments. We will be working with printed resources from the Musical Child programs for babies, toddlers and preschoolers that support early learning through music. Copies of these resources and other practical aids are included in your workshop fee and so is a link to access the musical recordings. By the end you will have complete confidence to get started at your centre and you’ll know where to find help if needed.
I want to come, where is it?
This workshop will be held on Monday 22nd January from 3.30-5.30 at the Education Development Centre at Hindmarsh, South Australia.
What’s included in my ticket?
- Two hours of musical skills and knowledge as well as inspiration and practical advice on setting up and starting your own instrumental program
- Printed copies of resources to use with babies, toddlers and preschoolers
- Links to access the music from the workshop
- A follow-up email two weeks later to find out how your implementation is going
- Enjoyment and pleasure for your inner musical child
What is the fee?
$67 for the workshop
How do I register?
Places are limited. As soon as you’ve paid you will get an email with your ticket, so click “Buy Ticket Now”