Stormy Weather Toddler Lesson Plan 10
Sound effects can help toddlers focus on ideas and these songs have the right sounds for this age. Let them listen to authentic recordings of rain and watch their eyes look around to find out which direction the weather is coming from. You can practically see the wheels turning in their minds. Play your drums to imitate the loud sound of thunder and the soft pitter-patter of raindrops. Play games with songs about riding a pony in the rain, drifting like a leaf in the autumn wind, wishing for the rain to go away, and putting up your umbrella. This topic concludes with two fascinating nursery rhymes. The Wind Blow High is about the wind pushing the rain around. And Rain on the Green Grass is about staying dry while watching the rain through the window.
What you’ll gain by using this teaching resource
- Happy and responsive toddlers aged 1-3 who develop their cognitive skills by playfully solving musical problems such as making sound from instruments and keeping up with the beat
- Wonderful music and movement sessions that are action-packed and designed specifically for those highly mobile toddlers
- A delightful way to monitor and assess children’s physical development as they handle the instruments, move their small muscles to the beat and move their whole body through space in time with the music
- Friendly toddlers who learn how to self-regulate their social-emotional expression – so important for self-soothing, gaining confidence and getting along with others
- Enormous benefits in language development from the songs because the children become better listeners – they tune in to the rhythm of the words (the parents will wonder how you taught their child to sing whole songs!)
- You feel confident teaching your group because the lesson is prepared for you so that you are able to successfully lead the children – and if something does go wrong, you’ll have another activity ready so you can quickly engage the toddlers in a completely new fun thing to do. (Instead of cringing over disastrous moments you can tell your colleagues how you saved the situation in a flash!)
- You save hours of weekend and evening lesson planning time – no more frustration figuring out the learning opportunities, finding the music, thinking up activities appropriate for the age, working out a topic, such as toddler fine motor skills, that brings everything together – it’s all done for you in one neat package.
What you receive in your purchase
Instantly downloadable zip file containing one pdf and multiple mps
- 32 page educator’s booklet pdf that includes 12 lyric charts pdf ready to read on screen or to print (Title – Biddiss, Carol 2013 Thunder Wind Rain Lesson Plan – Bounce and Sing Part 10 Bouncing On the Bed Musical Child: Adelaide.)
- A digital music double-album set with all the mp3s you need to learn the songs quickly. Includes all the musical recordings for 13 different song titles around the topic of toddler fine motor skills. You receive 26 mp3s including 13 karaoke tracks to back you up singing “live” and 13 vocal tracks. You also get all the lyrics on charts that you can display in your room so that other adults can sing along with you – or if parents visit your room, they can see what the toddlers have been learning.
- In the printable written booklet there are 10 different activities detailing exactly what to do to keep the children actively engaged for the whole time – you also get background notes on why these are the right songs and activities for this age. In the learning outcomes, there’s a specific section detailing how the children might develop in their language and speech. As an added plus you can see the main musical concepts featured. There’s also a simple score with chords and you get suggestions for Classical music to play for cultural enrichment.
- This flexible lesson plan lasts you for weeks – you can split it up into segments over several days or run it for up to 45 minutes once a week for 2, 3 or 4 weeks – there’s so much variety and change of pace that it can work in many ways. And when you know the songs you can sing them whenever you like!
Hear the music previews for Thunder Wind Rain Toddler Weather Music Lesson
Download and start using this toddler weather lesson plan today. Click “Add to Cart”